Monday, 28 January 2013

Skype Audio Issue when headphones are plugged Inn

Problem

Most of the guys with laptop now a days facing a common problem that when headphones are plugged inn and any notification of skype popup either of message / IM or any call alert, it switches on audio device to spearker.

Solution

1. In you skype window, click Tools > Options..

2. In the popup winodw, select "Audio" from left pane, 
3. Select "Use selected Speaker" for Rining menu.
4. Uncheck "Automatically adjust speaker settings" .
5. Click "Show advance options".
6. Save and check again. If it is fixed then you are done, else move to point 7.
7. In the advance option window, look for "Speaker" section, a list will be there of all the devices of output. One device will be selected as default, which will be marked with green sign.
8. Select other than the default device and click "Move Up". It will mark the selected device as default and will mark with green sign.
9. Click "Save" and check agian. It must be fixed.

Hope that help!!

Monday, 14 January 2013

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\\aspnet_filter.dll" failed

Problem

I recently faced a problem in IIS 7, that when I was browsing any of the site hosted in my IIS, it was showing me an error message :

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\\aspnet_filter.dll" failed

I tried several hit and tries like, I changed my application pool, removed my virtual directory and created new. But nothing worked for me.

Solution

Then I did some googling and found a post at :
http://forums.iis.net/t/1183736.aspx of kphani_prasad
Although it was not marked as answer but it solved my problem. 
Steps which solved my problem :
1. Go to IIS.
2. Select your application from left pane, and click "ISAP Filters" from the right pane.

3. Check the path for which IIS is raising error. As in my case it was "v4.0.30319", and when I checked the path it was having an extra "\" (slash) in the path, so it was not able to load the desired dll file. I edited the path and removed extra "\" from the Executable path. 
4. Restarted my IIS application and all was good to go.

Hope this help!