Saturday 22 December 2012

The Report Server "http://localhost//ReportServer" is invalid

Problem:

Recently I faced a problem while installing with ReportingInstaller for Microsfot Commerece Server 2009 R2,  parameters like data warehouse server and Report Server url were correct but when I clicked "Test Connection" I got error message that :

"The Reporting Server "http://localhost/ReportServer" is invalid."

Solution: 

I googled for it, but didn't find any solution. What I did , I tested the url I was trying to hit in browser, then it returned me error that :

 "The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing"

Then I googled for it and found that we have to add user in the ReportServer configuration, and by following command you can add user :

rsconfig -c -s < SQLSERVERNAME > -d reportserver -a Windows -u < MYDOMAIN\MYACCOUNT > -p < PASSWORD >orrsconfig -c -m < REMOTECOMPUTERNAME > -s < SQLSERVERNAME > -d reportserver -a SQL -u SA -p < SAPASSWORD >
It worked for me nicely!!

Hope it help someone else..!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Email without sending Email to User - C# / C-Sharp - DotNet

Sometimes we may want to test email functionality without sending email to actual user. Email will be saved locally so that we can verify ...