Friday 28 December 2012

SharePoint - Cannot peform this operation. The file is no longer checked our or has been deleted

Problem:

Recently I faced a problem, that in SharePoint Designer (2010), one of my file I checked out and then I checked Inn. Again when I opened my SharePoint site in Designer, it was showing the same file as checked inn. So I thought I might have forgot to check Inn. I again tried to check Inn, but it promt me an error message : 
               " Cannot peform this operation. The file is no longer checked our or has been deleted  "

Solution:

It is because of the cache being mantained with respect to user websites and application data.
What you have to do is, go to following locations :
  • %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Web Server Extensions\Cache
  • %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WebsiteCache
And clear all the content inside both folders. and try again, you are done!!

Hope this help!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Test Email without sending Email to User - C# / C-Sharp - DotNet

Sometimes we may want to test email functionality without sending email to actual user. Email will be saved locally so that we can verify ...